At Rollins we provide a safe, welcoming and compassionate environment which develops children’s potential for intellectual, emotional, social and physical learning and encourages positive action within the school and wider community.
At Rollins Primary School our vision is to provide our children with an innovative learning environment and a caring, nurturing approach to student wellbeing. We do this by:
1. Focusing on our five agreed REACH values
2. Continuing to build a positive, supportive school culture
3. Building a learning community that strives for continuous improvement
4. Encouraging all to reach their potential
5. Providing a comprehensive, inclusive curriculum, where all students have access and the opportunity to experience success
6. Modelling cooperative learning strategies in classrooms
7. Encouraging teachers and students to be ‘risk takers’, to experiment, to evaluate and support one another in a non-judgmental, non-threatening way
8. Providing practical, experimental and ‘hands on’ learning styles and experiences for the students
9. Communicating openly between teacher-to-teacher, teacher-to-student and teacher-to-parent
10. Ensuring all children can feel safe and secure knowing that they are cared for and valued as individual people.
The school motto “REACH” demonstrates the values that form the basis of our actions.
- Rollins Primary School provides a comprehensive, inclusive curriculum, where all students have access and the opportunity to experience success.
- Cooperative learning strategies are modelled in classrooms and are considered important with the changing environment and attitudes
- Teachers and students are encouraged to be ‘risk takers’, to experiment, to evaluate and support one another in a non-judgemental, non-threatening way.
- Open communication is promoted and expanded to include teacher-to-teacher, teacher-to-student and teacher-to-parent, to create a tolerant school environment.
- The school motto is: ‘REACH’.
- The school strongly supports practical, experimental and ‘hands on’ learning styles and experiences for the students.
- At Rollins Primary School the children can feel safe and secure knowing that they are cared for and valued as individual people.