Enrolments Welcome!

Thank you for considering Rollins Primary School for your child’s education. We are very proud of the work we do and the opportunities that we provide for our students. We look forward to meeting you if you decide that our school is a good fit for you and your family.

We welcome all enquiries and appointments may be made at any time to tour the school with the Principal.

How do I know if my child is eligible to commence school?
To be eligible for admission to a primary school, a child must be a least five years of age by 30th April of the year in which admission is sought. Only Australian citizens or students with the designated visas are eligible for admission. An overseas student cannot be enrolled until he/she resides in Australia.

Application for enrolment forms are available from the school office or can be downloaded from the link below and emailed through to rollins.ps@education.vic.gov.au.

Click Student Application Form 2025 (PDF Version) to download the application for enrolment form.

When do I need to enrol my child?
In order to ensure a place for your child at Rollins Primary School, the enrolment form needs to be completed and given to the school office as early as possible during the preceding year. To guarantee our entitlement of teachers and allow the school to plan for the following year, all enrolments should be received by 26th July.

What do I need to bring to the school to enrol my child?

  • A completed enrolment form and, if applicable, medication form.
  • Your child’s birth certificate
  • An immunisation certificate from the Australian Immunisation Registry.

To assist Rollins Primary School in assessing your child’s eligibility for enrolment, please include in your enrolment application original or certified copies of:

  1. Rental agreements or unconditional contracts of sale plus
  2. A copy of two of the following:
  • electoral enrolment confirmation
  • council rates notices

Documents should show the same address and parent’s/carer’s name as recorded on the school enrolment application form.

On request, you may also be required to complete a statutory declaration confirming the student is living in the address provided in the enrolment application and that the arrangement is genuine and intended to be permanent.

Please note that lodgement of your completed enrolment form does not guarantee enrolment. The school will make contact each family regarding successful applications.

Enrolment time frame:

2025 Foundation (Prep) enrolments

The Department of Education has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.

The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Rollins Primary School.

The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2025. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2024 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2025 school year.

You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets and the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers’, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).

You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2025 at Rollins Primary School from 15 April 2024.

What you need to do:

  1. Contact our school Rollins Primary School to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
  2. Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
  3. Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26th July 2024
  4. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 9th August 2024. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024
  5. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
  6. Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.

Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.

Zoning / Closest Neighbourhood School

Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.


Prospective families are more than welcome to take a tour of our school. Tours can take up to 30 mins and you will be shown around our classrooms by either our Principal or Assistant Principal.  Early in the year we do offer group tours. For dates and times of these please keep an eye out on our Facebook page. Please feel free to come ready with any questions you would like answered.

Please contact the school office to book a tour.

Immunisation Program

When enrolling a child in primary school, parents must provide the child’s Immunisation Status Certificate. This shows whether a child has been immunised against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough and haemophilus influenza type B.

It is compulsory to present a School Entry Immunisation Certificate when enrolling your child in primary school in Victoria. The following are two options available to obtaining this before enrolling your child at school;

*      Parents will automatically receive a history statement from the  Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) after your child has completed the 4 year old vaccine schedule and has completed all childhood immunisations required.  On the bottom of the page it should state: “This child has received all vaccines required by 5 years of age”.  Provided this statement appears it will be accepted as a school entry immunisation certificate in Victoria.

*      Parents whose child’s immunisation records are incomplete, missing or your child has never been vaccinated can contact their local council immunisation service (i.e. Corio Community Centre) who will be able to assist you in obtaining a school entry immunisation certificate.

Children who are not immunised can still attend school. If an outbreak of an infectious disease occurs at the school they will be sent home until the danger has passed.

International Students

Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you ever make.  Rollins Primary School provides a supportive and caring environment for your children and is accredited to enrol International Fee Paying students.

  • How do I apply for IFP?

To apply for a placement at a Victorian Government school, students should complete a Full Fee-Paying International Students Application form. Certified copies of relevant documents must accompany the application form. Official translations of documents into English must also be included with the application.  You will be required to present original passports and visa documents upon acceptance.

Prospective student’s first point of call should be the Victorian Government International Student Division.

For information, please go to:


Starting School – Information pack for parents and carers

Click to access Foundation-Prep-enrolment-information-pack-parents-carers.pdf